Tuesday, October 22, 2013

What's new?

HAPPY TUESDAY!

It's been awhile since I've blogged.   It's so crazy how time flies when you have a child.  The days are not long enough!

Well let's see...Marshall is three months already!  Can you believe it?!  I like to say, three months YOUNG!  He has become such a happy little guy.  Of course we have our meltdown's, but all the smiles these days make up for all the fussy times. ;)  As much as I like to get a little sad face when I see him growing so fast, I am loving this age.  He is so responsive and smiley.
Everyone still says he looks just like Doug.  BUT, I have been hearing more and more that he has my eyes!  Woot woot.  Let's just hope they stay blue!


Marshall's current favorite is...
He absolutely loves this thing!  It's so cute to see him smiling at the lights and learning how to use his hands to hit the hanging toys.  I think his favorite accessory is the mirror.  He sure loves to look in that mirror and smile. :)


Not too sure what's been goin on with little ole Marshall's hair these days but it's sure giving us a laugh.  Doug said he looks like Frank Barone from Everybody Loves Raymond.  I think he's right.  Poor Marshall.




I ran my first post-baby half marathon about a week ago.  It felt so flippin good!  
I tried running during pregnancy but I seriously felt like I was going to die, so that didn't last long.  The day the doctor cleared me to run again, I literally went out that same afternoon for a run.  It felt great but awful at the same time.  I knew it would take a bit to get back into shape but just after a few days of running, I sure was amazed at how my body was able to bounce back into running.  I was excited and eager to run more, so I decided I'd give the City of Tree's half marathon a whirl.  I went into it with an open mind and no time goal this time around.  I really only wanted to finish.  Well, I finished, felt awesome and was excited to see my supportive hubby and sweet little baby at the finish line. 
 It was a great day!




Today is our anniversary...Happy 2 Year Anniversary to us!

It feels like yesterday that Doug and I first started "dating!"  Or I should say, long distance dating, flying out to see each other every other weekend!  Those were the days!

A little over 2 months later we were engaged and 9 months after that, MARRIED!

What a journey it's been so far.  We traveled a bit, took some weekend road trips and really soaked up the time together.  I am so glad we did!  I have absolutely loved the last 3 years together!  Beyond excited to continue our adventure together.

Our first picture together...

Last year during this time was a very special time for us.  We were in the process of IVF.  I had just started my first round of medications and we were in Seattle celebrating our anniversary for the weekend.  Who knew that a year later we would have our perfect little miracle.  We are so blessed, beyond blessed. 

Us on our anniversary last year at the Crab Pot in Seattle.  Love that place!

Tonight we will be celebrating at home with our traditional seafood feast!  

Happy Anniversary to my best friend, the man who makes me smile each and every day!  Thank you for the last 3 years together and for making me a Mommy.  
I love you!

Cheers to a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Austin had the same silly hair!!! I look back at pictures and just can't help but think, thank God that's over!! it's so goofy!! What an adorable little man!

    ReplyDelete