Friday, August 23, 2013

five on friday!



~ one ~

I'm obsessed with all the fox apparel that Carter's came out with for Fall!  The line is called "Sly Little Guy" and it's OH SO CUTE!   Who knew I'd be so excited to buy clothes for my little man.  

Check out this foxy little guy!



~ two ~

We love trying new recipes in our house!  Here's one we tried last night and it was absolutely delish and super easy!  Doug was on baby daddy duty while I was able to cook in the kitchen (while enjoying a glass of vino).  And let me tell you, it was a-mazing!



Red Pepper Garlic Chicken Sausage Pasta

Ingredients:
1 lb fettuccine pasta
1 lb spicy italian chicken sausage (removed from casings)
2 red bell peppers (sliced into strips)
1 orange bell pepper (sliced into strips)
1/2 cup olive oil
3 garlic cloves (peeled & chopped)
1 tbsp red pepper flakes (for those that like spice, you can definitely add more)
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1 tbsp of chopped basil leaves
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese

In a small pan, heat 1/2 cup olive oil over medium heat.  Add the garlic and saute until l fragrant.  Just heat it, don't let it get real brown or burn.   Add the red pepper flakes and saute for another minute or so.  Turn heat off and set aside
Heat a large skillet over medium heat with a little splash of olive oil.  Add the chicken sausages and break them up using a wooden spoon.  Cook until light brown.  Add the bell peppers and saute until soft.
In the meantime, bring  a large pot of salted water to a boil.  Cook fettuccine until al dente.  Reserve 1/4 cup pasta water.
Add together the noodles, garlic oil and sausage & peppers.  Add as much of the pasta water as you'd like to make the sauce (or none at all).
Add in the parmesan (we used parmesan romano) and herbs.

We will definitely be making this again at some point.  A nice light, healthier pasta.
Enjoy!


~ three ~

My latest breakfast addiction!  
Sourdough toast with crunchy peanut butter and cut up bananas on top.  I wake up craving this - how pathetic.  I try to make my cup of coffee and make my little breakfast quickly, first thing before Marshall wakes up.  It's nice to have a little bit of quiet time while enjoying my toast and coffee.  Even if it is only 5 minutes.  Then it's go time!



~ four ~

FALL is right around the corner and this girl could not be more excited!
I'm beginning to salivate over the thought of chili in the crockpot, Fall scented candles, leaves falling, vests & boots, cool weather and I'll save the best for last - TAILGATING, BEER & FOOTBALL.   Marshall's going to get to experience tailgating very soon!

Now, all we need is this 90-100 degree weather to get lost!

~ five ~

My friend Kelly.  We went through our pregnancy journey together (this was the first for both of us) and now we've gotten to enjoy these first few weeks of motherhood together.  We've been able to lean on each other through all the life changes and let me tell you - it has been such a blessing!   Our little babes are only a week apart.  Best friends already?  Why yes they are!  Love ya girl!  :)




Hope you all have a fantastic Friday, and weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Stopped by from the link up! That pasta looks delicious! I too love pb and banana toast! It's my go to breakfast! Haven't tried it on sour dough though, sounds yummy! I can't for fall either! Vests, boots, scarfs you name it! Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete