Friday, August 30, 2013

Five on Friday Link Up



~one~

New nail polish!  It's always a good day when you buy new nail polish colors!
Left: Java Muave-A  Right: Berlin There Done That (my new fave)




~two~

Another fabulous new recipe we tried this past week!  Well, the hubs found it and made it while I was on baby duty.

Grilled Chicken Cordon Bleu
We cut this recipe in 1/2 since it's just the two of us.

Ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts - pounded thin
Olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 lb brie thinly sliced (we actually used havarti)
2 lemons - halved
8 paper thin slices prosciutto
1/4 lb baby arugula

Brush chicken on both sides with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.  Grill the chicken until slightly charred on both sides and just cooked through.  Put a few slices of cheese on each breast, close the cover and let melt slightly about (40 seconds) 
Brush the cut side of lemons with oil and grill, cut side down until golden brown and slightly charred (about 45 seconds) 
Place chicken on serving plates, top each breast with 2 slices of prosciutto and some arugula.  Squeeze the grilled lemon on top and drizzle with olive oil.

SO YUMMY!  And bummer, I forgot to take a picture!  


~three~

I went to World Market last night and came across this...

Is this not adorable?!  I'm loving this look with the classic dining table and different chairs. I am obsessed with this look!


~four~

LOVE, LOVE, LOVING these and these Portofino shirts from Express.  I want one in every color!  So far I've purchased the green sleeveless.  Too cute and can be paired with so much!
AND...right now they are 40% off!  Holla!

~five~

I've discovered a new Etsy shop -  The Mason Bar Company!  If you have a love for anything Mason Jar, you will love this!  I am so excited about these tumblers!  They even fit in your car cup holder.





Have a fabulous weekend!  It's the very first weekend of college football!  Looking forward to some beer & brats!

2 comments:

  1. 3. So Jealous you have a world market! I've been to one in Atlanta and it was amazing! Fail Tampa...
    4. I love those shirts, I have two already...

    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a new follower and so far I've really enjoyed reading your blog! I nominated you for the Liebster award :) You have such cute style!

    Lindsay http://therashids.blogspot.com/2013/09/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete