Friday, September 13, 2013

Five on Friday Link Up




It's Friday already?  Seriously, time flies when you have a newborn baby!  And boy oh boy, what a week it's been!

~ one ~

This little handsome man.  I'm obviously obsessed with his cuteness.  I didn't think it was possible but I fall more and more in love with him each and every day.  He is my little miracle baby and his Daddy and I adore him.  



~ two ~

Another fantastic recipe!  We actually tried this one weeks ago but I haven't had a chance to post it yet. We had it again this week and I'm so addicted.  It's such a light meal and it's even better the next day for leftovers.  It is the bomb.com!

Sesame and Peanut Noodles

Ingredients:
3 tablespoons sesame seeds
12 ounces linguine
Peanut Dressing:
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon Sriracha
1 teaspoon sesame oil
Zest and juice of 1/2 lime
Salad:
1/2 cup loosely-packed chopped fresh cilantro
2 green onions, sliced
1/2 head green cabbage, thinly sliced
1/3 red bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup roughly chopped skinless roasted peanuts, for garnish
Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Place the sesame seeds in a pie tin and toast in the oven until light golden in color, 4 to 6 minutes, and set aside. Meanwhile, cook the pasta until al dente. Do not overcook. Drain, reserving some of the starchy pasta water, rinse and set aside.

For the peanut dressing: Place the peanut butter in a large measuring cup and microwave to soften, 15 seconds. Whisk in with the soy sauce, vinegar, canola oil, ginger, honey, Sriracha, sesame oil and lime zest and juice in a small bowl. Thin with the starchy pasta water if needed, 1 tablespoon at a time. (Dressing should be thick, but pourable.)

For the salad: Place the pasta in a large mixing bowl and add the cilantro and vegetables and toss with the dressing. Top with the chopped peanuts and toasted sesame seeds and serve.


~ three ~

Bath & Body has all their soaps & scents out for Fall!  Eeek!  I'm one of those people that hoards soaps and the plug ins for our house.  Love, Love, Love!  They now have these mason jar soaps and mason jar candles.  I scored the Meyer Lemon scent in the mason jar soap - stinkin adorable!


~ four ~

News Flash!!!  We are going home to Wisconsin for Christmas!  We were just able to make it official this week and we could not be more excited!  My Dad has yet to meet his newest Grandbaby.  The name Marshall came from my Dad, so we are so excited for him to meet his little Marshall :)  I'm also excited for the rest of my fam & friends to meet him.

~ five ~ 

The look of Fall!  Our trees our beginning to change colors.  This is my favorite time of year.  I just hope our weather begins to cool down.  It sure doesn't feel like football season until the weather has cooled down!



Saturday is my hubby's birthday.  It's a little harder to really do much of anything with a newborn, so I decided to stay in, cook him a really great dinner, maybe have some wine on the patio and dessert.  I'm looking forward to celebrating him.  He's a terrific man, my best friend and an amazing father!  
Cheers to a fabulous weekend! 





12 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mason jar soap is SO cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You little guys is so cute! Love the soap in the mason jar. It is so nice you will have Christmas with your family. You all must be very excited. I think that's a great idea for your husbands birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your web log!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there! New follower here, found you on Darci's blog. Let me just first say you're little man is SO adorable!!! I am pretty obsessed with my children as well and I can definitely see why you are!

    I also stopped by Bath & Body the other week for my fall soaps, but didn't see that mason jar, love!

    Lizzie
    www.multipurposemama.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      They didn't have a ton of the Mason Jars but they do have them online! :)

      Delete
  6. I bought a couple of those mason jars, love them! I hoard their candles and body washes, I must always have my favorites in stock. Your little boy is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those noodles sound amazing! I will be getting the ingredients for that one for sure!

    I feel the exact same way about Bath&Body Works soaps and plug ins. I'm nuts about their candles though! If they are on sale and I have a coupon... shoot. I pretty much buy those in bulk. They make my heart so happy. I love the mason jars they have now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, those noodles are a must try! I am the same way about B&B works...I love stocking up!

      Delete
  8. Hey there, hope your having a great week. I wanted to let you know that I nominated you for one of my favorite blogs. Its for the Liebster award.

    You can check out the details here if you would like to accept :)

    http://thelittlebutton.blogspot.ca/2013/09/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marshall is looking so stinkin adorable these days!!

    ReplyDelete