Friday, September 20, 2013

Five on Friday!



Happy Friday!

I'm super excited for the weekend.  
Football, cooking, time with my hubby and little man, AND the first official day of Fall is Sunday!  Could it get any better?!  YES! - Add wine to that list.  ;)

Here is my current love this for the week...

1.  I'm going to start with my favorite picture from this week.  Of course it's of my little guy.    Pretty sure I'm obsessed with taking pictures of him.  Now, I will add that he is not always smiling.  Who takes pics of their little ones crying?  Exactly!  So of course they're all happy happy happy pictures!  This kid cracks me up.  He's 8 weeks old and he is becoming a little character.  I'm so sad that he's growing so stinkin fast but it's so much fun watching him change and develop.



2.  This candle from Bath & Body is seriously the best for Fall.  The scent is called "Leaves." It smells so good AND how cute is the mason jar?!  



3.  Yep, this pretty much sums it up.



4.  I love handbags!  I haven't bought a new one in so long.   I came across this beauty and I think I need it in my life.  It's funny how when you become a Mom, your purse pretty much becomes the diaper bag.  Or at least for awhile.  I miss carrying a purse all the time.



5.  We tried a new Tilapia recipe this week.  We love Tilapia but it's such a bland fish that you really need to add tons of flavor.  This recipe was awesome and it turned out to be so fresh tasting!

Ginger and Cilantro Baked Tilapia

1 lb tilapia fillets
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
3 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
1 inch fresh ginger, grated, about 1 tablespoon
1 jalapeño pepper, roughly chopped (optional)
1/3 cup roughly chopped cilantro leaves
1/4 cup white wine
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
Scallions, chopped for garnish
Extra cilantro, to garnish

Heat the oven to 475°F. Pat the fish dry, season lightly with salt and pepper, and lay in a 9×9-inch or 8×8-inch ceramic or glass baking dish.
Put the garlic, grated ginger, chopped jalapeño, and cilantro in a small food processor with the white wine, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Whir until blended. (Alternately, you can finely chop or mash the aromatics in a mortar and pestle, then whisk together with the liquid ingredients.)
Pour the sauce over the fish, rubbing it in a little. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily and is cooked through. It will be very moist and even a little gelatinous, still.
Serve immediately over brown rice or orzo, garnished with the additional scallions and cilantro.
Hope everyone has a great Friday and an even greater weekend!


4 comments:

  1. Saw Boise in your title on Five on Friday and had to click over! I was born in Boise, primarily raised in Twin Falls. Nice to see another Idahoan!
    -Morgan
    www.styleoyster.blogspot.com
    www.thegymbunny.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing. I have never purchased a candle from Bath & Body Works...but will have to check them out next time. I love the 'fall' smells.

    You little boy is precious. He looks like a very happy baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. he is the sweetest! love that little grin!

    ReplyDelete