Monday, September 23, 2013

Happy First Day of Fall!

Yesterday kicked off the first official day of Fall and I couldn't be more excited.  This is by far my favorite season and I get giddy thinking about the cool weather rolling in.  Sweatshirts, vests, scarves and boots galore! Not to mention, the leaves outside, Fall scented candles burning in the house and lots of good Fall soups! 

We kicked off the morning with Mimosas!  Paired with a delish brunch made by my hubby.  Sweet Potato Hash with egg whites, chicken sausage, orange pepper, and onion.  Yum!


Unfortunately we lost to the Bengals today!  Boooooo!

Soup Sundays!  
We also made our first soup of the season.  Well, Doug actually made it, I just supervised laid on the couch.  Homemade chicken broth with homemade noodles, carrots, celery and onion.  It was so good!  And we have plenty of leftovers.




I'll be sharing some new recipes soon!  

Hope everyone had a great weekend and first day of Fall!  

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for Fall as well! I feel your pain, our Chicago Bears got beat pretty bad too yesterday :(

    ReplyDelete