Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Wednesday Weekly

Happy Happy Wednesday!  

Marshall is 17 weeks today.
He sleeps through the night, which is SO AWESOME!  He loves his sleep and he will definitely let us know when he's tired by having a ridiculous meltdown.  There were a couple nights this week where he fell asleep around 6:30ish and didn't get up until 7am!



What are you thankful for this week?
This week I'm thankful for my son.  He has changed me for the better.  I look at life very different these days.  He adores me and loves me and that is just the best feeling in the world.  I want to be the best Mom I can be for him.  He deserves the world!


I made my very first potato skins over the weekend and they turned out pretty good.  I literally had no clue how to make potato skins but I found out quick that they are super easy.  I'm a huge fan of the Pioneer Woman (Ree Drummond).  She is a sweetie, makes great food and has a beautiful family.  Delish!


GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE!
Thanksgiving is just over a week away.  
Who's excited for all the food?!  Who's excited for football?!
What's on your menu for Thanksgiving?
We haven't sat down and gone over everything just yet but here's what we have so far:

Not entirely sure on the appetizers.  Still working on that.
Turkey
Mashed Potatoes
Green Bean Casserole
Sweet Potato Souffle
Rolls

I also plan to make a pie or two AND Gooey Pumpkin Butter Cakes.  I posted this recipe awhile back as well.  It's a Paula Deen recipe, so you know, it's low fat.  ;) 
I have made these for years and they are to die for.   For those of you that aren't into the traditional pumpkin pie, these are for you!  They are incredible.  My mouth is watering just talking about them.

I found some cute stuff for Thanksgiving at Hobby Lobby.  They have 40% off most of their Thanksgiving items right now.  AND they also have their mason jars 1/2 off!   I found these cute dessert plates and napkins with a chevron pattern.  They were calling my name since I'm obsessed with chevron.  Of course cute straws for some drinks.



I am working on two projects right now.  I'm still trying to get all the materials to make a cute burlap wreath AND I'm re-doing my chalkboard.  I never liked the black frame on my chalkboard, so I'm finally getting around to changing it!  
We will see.

Enjoy the rest of your week.  The weekend is almost here!



No comments:

Post a Comment