Tuesday, January 7, 2014

A little late but...Our Wisconsin Trip Recap!

Happy New Year!

I seriously cannot believe that Christmas has come and gone and it's now 2014!

We spent our Christmas in Wisconsin this year with my family.  This was the first time my Dad had met baby Marshall and my Mom hadn't seen him since he was born back in July.  Oh how fun it was to show him off to all my family and friends!  Marshall is a lucky little guy to have so many people that love him.  We seriously had a blast but are definitely happy to be home in our house with all of our things.  I think Marshall is glad to be home too.  I think he missed his toys.  ;)

First off...Marshall did so great on his first flight!  It was just he and I on our way out to WI...Doug didn't fly in until a few days after us.  I felt like an awesome Mom once the travel day was over!  ;)



I had an awful Mom moment about my 3rd day there.  I was headed back to my parent's house after spending the day with a dear friend and I decided to stop off to grab some carry out.  Well, it was 5pm and a snow storm had started.  Somehow I ended up locking the keys in my Mom's car, along with Marshall.  I don't think I had ever been that scared in my life!  I literally went hysterically running into some vision shop next to Panera since it was closer.  In my mind I thought "Do I call 911?!"  But then remembered that my parents had the extra key, so I then called my Dad.  Yeah well, with the snow storm and rush hour, it took my Dad a good 30 minutes to get to me.  I was terrified.  Marshall was in the car, it was dark, cold and snowing.  I get worked up just thinking about it again.  I still cannot figure out how the heck it happened!  As I buckled him in the back, I must've set the keys down and the lock button must've been hit?  That's the only thing I can think of.  It was horrible, just horrible!  He was ok and all I could do was snuggle him all night long.  

We had so much fun the rest of the trip.  We got together with lots of friends and were able to see all my family!  Marshall saw Santa, we visited the Pabst where we got married, and Doug and I were even able to enjoy a date night!   

And of course we were able to bring some cheese home with us.  Not nearly enough though.  It's already time to place an online order!


Marshall's first time with Santa - he didn't even freak out!  It was so cute.



Just a few other pics from our trip!




Hope everyone had the best Christmas ever!  I'm already SO excited about Christmas next year!  
Since we were gone for the second half of December, we didn't even get a tree or put up any decorations.  Next year, I'm going crazy!  

1 comment:

  1. i only put a few decorations up this year just because of the babe, but i'm going nuts next year too! already excited...and ohmigosh i feel for you with locking marshall in the car...i would have been TERRIFIED!! i had my own meltdown moment with E last July. it was 2 days after we brought her home, she was still way too tiny, i wasn't supposed to take her inside anywhere, and i had to go fill her prescription. i didn't have a mirror for the car yet to see her, and the air conditioning went out. pretty sure it was the hottest day of the summer. we had to drive around almost a half an hour until the prescription was ready. i finally panicked and took her inside walgreens, hoping no sick people were present (normally wouldn't be a freak about it, but considering her condition....). such a nice little old couple wanted to come hover over her and i had to politely tell them that we weren't supposed to be there and why. first time driving alone with her, first time in public, first time maneuvering our GIANT carseat that we have, and scared of overheating! not the same, but i just couldn't calm down about it. i thought for sure if she was stuck in the heat of the car any longer she would die!

    ReplyDelete