Wednesday, May 15, 2013

29 weeks




How big is the baby this week:  Baby Marshall should be measuring a tad over 15 inches long from head to heels and weighs about two and a half pounds (like a butternut squash).  His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain - (important stuff!!!)  
How far along?  29 weeks
Due date: July 31st, 2013
The Bump:  Growing and completely getting in the way.  I'm now an expert roller and I have a shelf to set my bowl of fruit  
Belly button in or out?  Flat
Wedding rings on or off:  On
Best moment of the week:  28 week appointment last Friday.  We were able to see our sweet little guy during another ultrasound.  He looks awfully cozy in there.   Also, we had our maternity photos taken last Saturday by my dear friend Becky.  So much fun!  I will treasure those photos.  I'll share some soon.
Sleep: And boom, just like that, I'm back to really uncomfortable nights of sleep.  I roll from side to side at least 15 times a night due to my hips getting stiff and feeling them ache.
Miss anything?  Well, seeing as how it's my birthday...I will have to say cocktails.  I would love to go sit out on a patio and devour a bottle of wine.  :)
Movement:  All the time.  It's so fun to lay in bed and be entertained by his movement.  This is something I will miss for sure.  He is a constant wiggle worm.
Food Cravings:  Same.  Ice water.  Anything cold and fruity.
Anything making you queasy or sick?  Nope 
Symptoms:  Some hip aches during the night and right when I wake up.  I usually need to stretch a bit each morning.  What's up body heat!-I feel like I am on fire!  It was in the 90's a few days this week...thank goodness for central air!
Labor Signs:   No 
Gender:  BOY!  
Happy or moody most of the time?  Happy, Sappy and EMOTIONAL (just ask my husband).  I started crying on Monday because I was stressed out by my dogs.  Ha!  
Looking forward to:  Driving to Salt Lake City, UT this weekend to Ikea to pick up our dresser for the nursery.  Ikea wanted $350 bucks to ship the dresser to our house - no joke.  That's more than the price of the dresser.  Screw that!  Road trip it is! 

28 week appointment went good.  I passed my glucose test - wahoo!  I will say that I thought that whole test was a piece of cake.  I've heard stories from people that the juice you drink is so horrible and disgusting.  I didn't mind the juice at all.   I will be having another ultrasound at 32 weeks to once again monitor the placenta location.  

Have a great day!
Jamie
labellevieeasons.blogspot.com



1 comment: