Wednesday, May 8, 2013

28 weeks - Hello Third Trimester


Here are a couple pics from week 28




How big is the baby this week:  Baby should be measuring about 14.8 inches long from head to heels and weighs about two and a quarter pounds
How far along?  28 weeks
Due date: July 31st, 2013
The Bump:  Getting bigger quickly.  It's getting harder and harder to do normal things, like bend down and get up from the couch or bed.  It makes me feel so helpless.  :)
Belly button in or out?  Flat as a pancake!
Wedding rings on or off:  On
Best moment of the week:  Definitely lots of wonderful moments!  I was in Wisconsin for 10 whole days spending time with fam and friends!  My best friend threw me a baby shower in Wisconsin, which was wonderful.   I got to spend lots of time with my Mom and we did some baby shopping.  So much fun!  
Sleep: Sleep has actually been ok lately.  I still get up to pee quite a bit and need to roll over a lot but it's better than it was.  I wake up in the morning feeling super lethargic and have next to NO energy.
Miss anything?  As much as I'm loving this pregnancy, it will be nice to get my body back, as well as fit into my old clothes.  :)  I'm so out of breath with everything that I do, that it will definitely be nice to have that back.  I can't do much working out these days without sweating horribly and panting like a dog
Movement:  The movement has changed...I still feel some kicks but it's turning into more moving and pressure from him moving all around.  I still love love love it though.  
Food Cravings:  Absolutely nothing new here.  Ice water, anything cold and fruity.  Doug made some homemade lemon bars last night and I seriously want to devour the whole pan.
Anything making you queasy or sick?  Nope 
Symptoms:  Hip aches during the night and as soon as I wake up.  A little tenderness in my back.  If I'm doing too much, I notice my ankles and feet swell.  And now that the heat has arrived, I swell so fast.  Yuck.  Thank goodness for central air!  
Gender:  BOY!  
Happy or moody most of the time?  Very happy but very emotional.  Also, my patience level seems to be gone.  I find myself getting annoyed easily...like today at Walmart when some dill weed left his cart in front of my car instead of putting it in the cart return.  And what did I do?  I yelled some words to him, including a mild cuss word.  He just looked at me, got in his car and drove off.  Whatever.  
Looking forward to:  Our 28 week doctor appointment this Friday.  Glucose test and ultrasound to check on my very low placenta.  Fingers crossed!  Also, we are driving to the Ikea in Salt Lake City next weekend to pick up the dresser for the nursery!  



Here are a few pictures from my Wisconsin baby shower!  :)  

My lovely host!

A few of the Henricks ladies

The awesome shower favors, made by Maggie

 Hope you all have a great week and a Happy Mother's Day weekend!

2 comments:

  1. It was so good to see you last week, Jamie! You look fantastic and I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well. Be nice to your momma, Baby Marshall! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! You are about a week further along than I am. I can totally relate to your symptoms and experiences. Happy with some extra emotions on the side... I haven't had any lemon bars but love tart treats like that. I eat frozen pineapple all the time, love it.... Flat belly button... Some hip pain... Back aches.... :)

    Hope the 3rd trimester treats you well!

    JessiRene*
    HartkopBaby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete