Wednesday, May 22, 2013

30 weeks


How big is the baby this week:  Baby Marshall should be measuring about 15 1/2 inches long from head to heels and weighs about 3 whole pounds!  
How far along?  30 weeks
Due date: July 31st, 2013
The Bump:  I swear, every morning I wake up it seems bigger!  I feel HUGE!  I can't believe I have 2 months to go.  Harder and harder to maneuver around.  
Belly button in or out?  Flat
Wedding rings on or off:  On
Best moment of the week:  We drove to Ikea last Saturday, which is in Salt Lake City, UT to pick up this dresser for the nursery.  (More below on that).  My birthday last week was wonderful.  We spent the day lollygagging around town, went to a new brewery (bummer for me) and went out to our fave restaurant for dinner.  All in all it was a great day!
Sleep: Eh, the same.  I get some sleep but wake up a lot due to having to go to the bathroom and hip aches.  
Miss anything?  Yes and no.  I miss a lot of things but I know that this pregnancy is nearing it's end, so I'm sure I'll miss being pregnant too.  
Movement:  WIGGLE WORM!  He's getting bigger, so his movements are much more intense.  Sometimes I almost jump if he rams a limb into my belly or rib (not because it hurts but because it kinda shocks me) 
Food Cravings:  Same.  Ice water.  Anything cold and fruity.  I'm so thankful I haven't had any horrible cravings.  Water and fruit?  I'll take it!
Anything making you queasy or sick?  Nope 
Symptoms:  Hip aches during the night and stiff in the mornings.  I get horrible headaches daily - that's probably the worst.  My doctor told me to sip on a little coffee with caffeine if it gets really bad and it actually does work.  
Labor Signs:   No 
Gender:  BOY!  
Happy or moody most of the time?  I'm seriously so excited!  I have been washing blankets, clothes, etc and trying to get the room ready.  It's so much fun.  I find myself sitting in his room just smiling.  Still pretty emotional too. 
Looking forward to:  Doc appointment in 2 weeks!  I am also looking forward to a long weekend with my hubs.  We are soaking up these last two months!


So back to the dresser...it was pretty funny how important this dresser was to me.  We drove 5 hours each way to pick it up.  It was actually really nice to get out for the day.  I think Doug was a bit hesitant at first, having to drive all the way to Utah to pick up a dresser?  Well, the way that I was able to coerce him into going was that there is an In-N-Out Burger right near the Ikea.  His fave burger joint and it's been 2 years since he's had it.  Worked like a charm!  :) We left at 6am and were home by 7pm - not a bad day at all.  Well, then we had to put it together.  Good Lord!  I'm sure many of you know what Ikea furniture looks like when you take it out of the box - Billions of parts and pieces.  It took us about 4-5 hours on Sunday putting it together.  It probably wouldn't have taken so long if we hadn't installed one piece of wood incorrectly (whoopsie).  Oh well.  It's done and I am so happy with it.  

We went back and forth on getting the white dresser or the gray-brown dresser.  After 20 minutes standing in the warehouse at Ikea...gray-brown it is!  Here it is put together in Marshall's room.  I LOVE IT!


Have a great day and enjoy your Memorial Day Weekend!
Jamie
labellevieeasons.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment