Monday, March 18, 2013

21 weeks - IT'S A (dun dun dun)


What an amazing few days it's been.  Doug and I both agreed that Friday was seriously one of the best days of our lives!  We found out that we are having a sweet baby boy!  He looked so perfect and so cute.  Nothing could have gone better that day.  We saw him moving around a ton, flexing his little fingers and toes.  We are truly blessed.   

I had to share this one because it's just too cute!


Immediately after our appointment, we took a trip over to Baby Gap for a couple cute outfits, called my parents in WI and off to a dinner celebration we went!


On our way home from dinner, we decided to call my parents back to share the news of our name we picked.  We've kept it a secret for awhile now because we wanted it to be a surprise to my parents (my Dad especially).  We will be naming him Marshall Douglas Eason after my Dad, and Doug.  Doug actually thought of this name months ago and it grew on us big time!


Today I was able to celebrate with some friends (my old co-workers at Adecco).  We had a little gender reveal lunch.  They were beyond generous with lunch, flowers, balloons and gifts.   Thanks again guys!  I made cute little gender cupcakes that were filled with blue frosting.  



And now onto my regular weekly update...



How big is the baby this week:  Baby is about 10 1/2 inches long and weighs three quarters of a pound
How far along? About 21 weeks  
Due date: July 31st, 2013
The Bump:  Bigger every day.  It's getting harder to do normal things, like put on socks and shoes, get out of bed.   I kinda laugh at myself each morning because I have to literally roll out of bed
Wedding rings on or off:  On
Best moment of the week:  Well there are two big ones!  Last Thursday I felt full on kicks for the first time and Doug was able to as well.  He is a kicking machine.  I am obsessed and in love with his little baby kicks.  Last Friday we found out the gender...BOY!  
Sleep: Not the best.  Some nights are better than others.  It's hard to get comfy. 
Miss anything?  Being able to do something simple without feeling winded
Movement:  Lots of kicks and movement - My favorite!   
Food Cravings:  Same...fruit smoothies, orange juice, fruit and ICE WATER 
Anything making you queasy or sick?  Nope
Symptoms:  Some acid reflux/heartburn, hip aches through the night.  I noticed my back is starting to feel a little tight
Gender prediction:  IT'S A BOY!  
Happy or moody most of the time?  HAPPY!
Looking forward to:  Now that we know the gender, I am so excited to put the nursery together!  Yippee!


We are just so excited for little Marshall Douglas to arrive!  :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay! So happy and excited for you guys! So happy we were able to celebrate with you today! :) Cannot wait for him to come out!

    Ps. Nice balloons! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun! :) Thanks again.

      Ha ha...they came in handy for my update today! :)

      Delete