Tuesday, June 25, 2013

My Personal Pregnancy Faves

Since I'm nearing the end of my pregnancy (4 weeks so go), I thought I'd share some of the things that I found to be helpful during pregnancy.  When I first became pregnant last November, I found a couple blogs where women shared products that were useful, clothes that were useful and even experiences.  I found these to be super helpful!  

I have to say, I've had a super easy pregnancy.  Well, at least I feel like I have.  I didn't get sick at all, I had no food aversions and no crazy cravings.   All in all, it's been great.  Now that I'm nearing the end, I am completely uncomfortable and just ready for my sweet little man to be here in this world.




Last Christmas, my hubby bought me this book "What to Expect When You're Expecting" and I have absolutely referred to this book each week of my pregnancy.  It's nice to read each week as to what I should or could be experiencing.  It's definitely a great reference!

I received the book "Belly Laughs: The Naked Truth about Pregnancy and Childbirth" by Jenny McCarthy as a gift from a friend of mine.  I will say that this book had me laughing hysterically out loud.  Jenny McCarthy is hilarious, yet completely truthful with her thoughts and experiences about pregnancy.  If you have a sense of humor, you'll love it and laugh throughout the entire book.  She has other books too that I'd love to check out.  

Mustela Stretch Mark Double Action Cream - This stuff is the bomb!  I've never had an itchy belly and I have yet to get any stretch marks.  Not sure if the hereditary thing is true or not but if it is supposed to be true, I should've had some by now.  If anything, this cream does wonders to making your skin feel soft.  I just started my 2nd tube of it.  It also smells really nice.  I'm not a fan of the cocoa butter smell, so this cream is all around awesome!

Gap Maternity Support Cami - I purchased these very early on in my pregnancy and bought the white, tan and black.  I wear these underneath just about everything!  LOVE!  I actually ended up buying another white one in a larger size as I got bigger.  Now that it's summer, I wear them underneath tank tops and around the house.  They're soft, lightweight and completely comfortable.

Maternity Jersey-Stretch Tank Tops and Maternity Rib-Knit Tanks - Both from Old Navy.
I love these as well.  I found that one of the most comfortable things to wear during pregnancy was a tank with a cardigan over it.  I have quite a few colors in these tanks and have worn these over and over again.  

I will admit that I did NOT purchase a body pillow.  I think I've done ok without it.  We have tons of king size pillows on our bed, so those worked just fine for me since they are large enough.

That's all for now.  Hope this was helpful!


3 comments:

  1. I bought a body pillow while I was pregnant... After like 10 nights trying to use it, it lived on our closet floor and was a bed for our dogs. I hated them! Congrats on having an easy pregnancy so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stephanie! Yeah, I heard mixed things on them, so I decided to not bother. :) And thank you, I have been pretty lucky I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have NO IDEA how you managed without the pillow!!! :P

    Jennifer @ www.theladyandhertramps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete