Thursday, July 18, 2013

38 weeks

As I am writing this post, I can't help but get a little teary eyed and sentimental that this will be my very last pregnancy update.  I've had so much fun documenting this journey and I am so glad I did.  
Less than a week to go - holy moly!  Well, unless he decides to vacate early ;)

I've been taking some random pics of my belly, since I won't have much longer to do that.  I will for sure miss my baby bump and I know I will miss feeling him move around.  I've had a wonderful pregnancy.  Besides the little annoyances here and there and this last month of being uncomfortable, I've loved every minute of it.  



Baby Bump and Watermelon Cravings ;)  
That WAS a quarter of a Watermelon and yup, I ate the whole thing. 



And onto my update for the week...

How big is the baby this week:  He should weigh about 6.8 pounds and measures around 19 1/2 inches.  
How far along?  38 weeks and 1 day
Due date: Baby boy will be arriving on July 24th via c-section 
The Bump:  Big and in the way.  ;)
Belly button in or out?  Still flat as a pancake
Wedding rings on or off:  On
Best moment of the week:  Doc appointment yesterday!  It was the last one!  We were able to hear his perfect and strong heartbeat.  We went over everything to prepare for next Wednesday - it's all so surreal.  
Sleep: Not good.  I wake up all the time and am just plain uncomfortable.  
Miss anything?  Everything!  I know I'll miss the bump and feeling his movement but boy am I ready to say goodbye to the belly (for now) ;)
Movement:  Lots of movement still.  I think he wants out!  
Food Cravings:  Watermelon, Ice Water and Ice fruity drinks.  Other than that, appetite is so blah.
Anything making you queasy or sick?  Nada.
Symptoms:  Lingering stuffiness and cough.  I can't wait to breathe again!  I'm so hot all the time.  It's been in the upper 90's to 100's here in Boise, so it's really hard to stay cool.  Yes, we have A/C, but it still feels so warm in the house
Labor Signs:   None whatsoever
Gender:  BOY!  
Happy or moody most of the time?  Emotional and so excited.  I cannot stop thinking about everything!  
Looking forward to:  My Mom gets here on Tuesday!!!  AND then it's baby day, the day I become a Mommy!  

Hope you have a great weekend!
xoxoxo

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Momma, you're almost there! Enjoy every precious minute with your sweet baby boy, it goes all too quick :)

    http://hellonewlywedlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much and thanks for stopping by. ;) i've been busy catching up with your blog - your daughter is adorable!

      Delete