Sunday, July 7, 2013

Sourdough French Toast

Morning ya'll!

It's early, really early, and I'm sitting here wide awake, perusing through recipes.  I don't know about you, but I LOVE trying new recipes.  I've actually found a couple of killer recipes from some of my favorite blogs that I read.  I figured that I'd also share one of our favorites - Sourdough French Toast.  It's delish!  It's actually become the hubby's favorite breakfast.

Sourdough French Toast - This recipe is for about 6-8 slices (1/2 inch thick) of bread but it all depends on how big the slices are.  I use a local sourdough bread and the slices are pretty decent size.

Ingredients
1 cup half and half
4 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon (this is a total guess here, I typically just sprinkle some in)
2 tablespoons of honey (warm it in the microwave so it's easy to mix)

Whisk all these ingredients together and once everything is mixed, pour into a pie pan.  Set aside.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Place a couple pieces of bread into the pie pan mixture and let sit for a good 15-30 seconds on each side so it's coated nicely.  Then place on a cooling rack with a pan underneath it for another 30 seconds to let the mixture soak through.

Over Medium heat, melt a tablespoon of butter in a nonstick pan.  Place the first two pieces of bread in the pan and cook each side for 2-3 minutes until golden brown.  Then place pieces in oven on rack or a wire rack.  Repeat all the steps until you finish all your pieces of bread.  I usually let the bread stay in the oven until I'm finished (5-6 minutes).   

Serve immediately.  We eat ours with some warm syrup and strawberries.  :)


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment